2 Feb 2013

LETTER TO THE SKY


(You remember?)

My darling, my love,

     Since Dicember I want to write you. I wanted to tell you some news --- even with a bit of a delay. Forgive the delay; I’m struggling to BE so many things: Father, husband, son, friend, brother, tourist guide for little money, playwright, film writer, writer of a blog that shares the word as much as possible… But, always, when I go to sleep, among the many things that run through the BEING, I remember the last time we smoked together…in Chicago with 28 below zero.

     Many things have happened since then.

     Alba is already a lady with hormones. Today I was showing her a video clip with a young Spanish singer and she asked me: “Daddy, does he has a girlfriend?”

     Alaitz is standing by me and Alba in the way that gives me happiness. She too looks happy, I don’t know, I hope she is.

     Anton is not well. I am sure he has a way of telling you and surely he communicates with you. You, don’t worry, you know him, he is The Greatest when difficulties come.

     No, with Apostolis we didn’t find a way to understand each other. We go on the way you knew. Each one on his way.

     Irini, just after Your March, on May of 2010 had a second child, a girl, with the name  Thalia, a beautiful girl; and she looks so decided to survive. Aggeliki, her elder sister can not control her. Thalia always gets from her what ever she wants.

     Vivi and Nektaria neither are well but who is?

     I’m sure you know this, Dina died last July. Yes by cancer. I am happy I was there until the last moment. You know what I mean by this “last moment”.

                                                               (You remember?)

     I made also some knew good friends. The old ones, the good ones, thanks be to God, are always there. And they have helped me so much lately. Let me explain to you…

     I’m writing a new play and I submitted it to a contest. The title is “ROUND THE WORLD IN 80 WARS” The first phase was “Voting though the social nets” for a video proposal, let’s say, a pitching for the play. (I’m sending the video; you will hear the voice of Alba.)

     Frances fought for me as a real friend… As you would have done.

     Don’t worry. Badsy and Beatrice represented your family beautifully. (They are so beautiful, all your 5 children are…)

     Patricia, a dearest friend from Everywhere who now lives in Oslo, also gave me everything; she even “abandoned” her child those days.

     And Froso… NO. I’ll better tell you in another chance about her. For now, you just be glad my darling that she is in my life.

     So much love from so many friends for an “American Show Case,” Beth.

     Thanks to so many friends, I won the first place. Now, in the second phase, I have to present 8 minutes of the play onstage.

     Eight minute- segment written, next week we start rehearsals. I wanted so much for you to have read it and to tell me your “yes’s” and your “ no’s”.  To have the support and generosity of your clear mind so I could make my play a little better…

                                                             (You remember?)

     I can not pass to this famous state of Acceptance Beth. I cannot accept you Died. On the 6th of December of 2009, we were celebrating the Anniversary of 40 years marriage  of my parents. Anton had come from the States to Greece to celebrate it all together. You know him, he is a “party animal.” He doesn’t mind to cross the Atlantic if it’s to be with people he loves. It was a surprise for Lakis and Loula. They thought that Alba, Alaitz and I we were in Spain, that Irini was in Athens, Anton in Chicago… Peristera and Nikos took them secretly. supposedly to go out to a tavern… When they entered... The clarinets blared suddenly and before their eyes, clapping and greeting, the entire world… We had invited all their friends, all who were left alive after 40 years struggling…clarinets and violins and dance and food and emotions…


     Anton was dancing with Elli when suddenly his phone rang. He abandoned kindly his dama and he went out to talk… When he came back he took me by the side and he told me the news. “Beth just came out from the doctor. She has cancer. They give her 3 months to 2 years.”
Generous as always, you elected the first “choice”, the short cut: 3 months. You didn’t want anyone to suffer.

     14 of March of 2010 you died and I was not there as I could do with Dina. It couldn’t be my darling, believe, so many things were happening in my life at this time, believe, I will explain to you one day…

     Thank you for understanding me, my love. Thank you for all your friendship and support. Not only when you were Here, also from There, Wherever you do a lot. I hope Anton, Frances, Badsy, Beatrice, Patricia… will take this chance to say thank you from my part to all their friends who dedicated two minutes to see and support my video/proposal… You will see a “classic Filipino moment” there. Two children, could be two of yours… The eldest, saves the younger one while Imelda Marcos saves her new pair of shoes ...

     When I go to sleep, I remember the last time we smoked together in Chicago. Many things have happened since then. For me I really don’t know, but for you and for your five children is that you died just 49 years old.

     This is what Beatrice wrote for you my darling:

     “Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.

A mother understands what a child does not say.

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever. “


     Things are not going well Beth. That’s why I’m writing this play, with this title… I am afraid we’ll not avoid a new War. If you can, be with me when I write, be with me and my intention to Share Hope with the World.



Really, exists that “Remember” There or it’s just a curse of Here?

I Hope and I believe in the Resurrection of the Good my darling

I love you

                                                                                                         Yiannis


P.S.1: Today arrives another friend. (I don’t really know the distance but he is 2 days now on the way.) Not Here, There, Wherever you are. No, no, by the same vehicle as you, no by Cancer. He decided to use the motorcycle. I just came from his funeral. There were so many people, I did not have the chance to tell him thank you for the trip we did last October to Valencia, Granada, Sevilla… Yes, he was working as a bus driver, nice boy, 35 years old, good soul… One moth ago, he decided to bay the moto. It’s not the best way for that Long Trip.



His name is Raúl Solera Cano. If you see him around, (I send you a picture so you will recognize him) please tell him “Yiannis thanks you so much for all you told him on the way from Madrid to Valencia, and also for trusting him the Dreams of your Soul for the future…” And tell him that I am so sad that there was no Future for him.

Yes, he is handsome. Well, the way things came, flirt a little with him, just to pass the Time. Beth, between us, Raul likes very much to flirt. I want to feel you Alive. Go on There, Flirt and Love... Here little by little we only think of Economy.

I miss you so much Beth...

P.S.2:

Lillibeth Nacion, July 31, 1961 – March 14, 2010

Raúl Solera Cano, May 24, 1978 – January 31, 2013

 Προξενήτρα στον Άλλο Κόσμο έγινα... Αφού Εδώ το σημαντικό είναι η Οικονομία, μού είναι απόλυτη Ανάγκη να εφεύρω έναν Κόσμο όπου ο Έρωτας έχει το ρόλο που του αξίζει, τον Πρωταγωνιστικό.

                                                                 
...Two children, could be two of yours my darling… The eldest, saves the younger one while Imelda Marcos saves her new pair of shoes ...


9 comments:

  1. Yiannis, lo que haces en tu blog es precioso. Gracias por las palabras que le dedicas a Raúl..... Soy Leticia, la guía de Madrid que fué su pareja durante unos años de su vida. A mi tampoco me dio tiempo a decirle tantas cosas.... Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leticia, lo único que hago en mi blog es desahogarme y buscar Catarsis transformando y compartiendo lo que es Compartible. Porque hay otra partes que no lo son. Seguro tú tendrías muchas más cosas que decirle a Raúl. Espero que no te moleste que me Transformé en Celestina y le he liado con mi amiga. Me es Absolutamente Necesario Sentir que Hay un Sitio donde Ligar y Amar tiene Prioridad porque aquí ya sólo de Economía pensamos. Un beso, gracias y ánimo. Yiannis.

      Delete
  2. Tranquilo.... Ojalá sea verdad que ese sitio existe y una vez allí todo excepto la felicidad pase a un segundo plano..... Y como tú bien dices a él le encantaba el ligoteo!!!! Así era él y nadie se resistía a esa sonrisa que iluminaba a quien tenía enfrente...... Ojalá tu amiga cuide de él. No sabes lo q le gustaría leer lo que le has escrito. Muchos besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Algo más sabes tú para decir lo que dices. Siempre algo más sabe el que ha dormido a nuestro lado. Por eso me alegro de crees que le gustaría leer lo que le he escrito. A mi me gustaría no haber tenido que escribir una cosa así nunca jamás.

      Delete
    2. La vida nos golpea sin nisiquiera pedirnos permiso..... He vivido miles de cosas con él; muy buenas y también muy malas.... Pero me quedo con todo lo bueno y lo felices que fuimos cuando lo fuimos. Eso nadie me lo podrá arrebatar. Algún dia, cuando pase un tiempo, enseñaré ésto a sus padres. Se sentían muy orgullosos de ber toda la gente que fue a despedirse de él.

      Delete
    3. Lo que tú consideres Leticia. Yo sólo espero que no te haya provocado ningún Dolor Más al que ya me imagino sientes. Simplemente escribiendo a mi amiga, he sido honesto al Momento y quise despedirme también de una persona que en un momento muy concreto ha confiado en mi como si fuera su intimo amigo aunque no lo he sido nunca. Sí! Quédate con lo bueno.

      Delete
  3. Él siempre decía que contigo se trabajaba muy bien. Y ya sabes que nuestro trabajo es así; compartes momentos concretos con personas que no forman parte de tu día a día..... Si él confió en ti en ese momento es porque consideró que eras la persona adecuada. Y ni por un momento pienses que me has hecho sentir más triste :) Besos y gracias! Nos veremos por ahí paseando turistas......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing gift to make people cry ! while you shake their world of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No intention to make anyone cry...I just miss her so much...

      Delete